AFIAP, AFIP, QPSA, GPU/Cr2, cMoL, SSS/y
GPA.PESGSPC, HonMBAF, HonPESGSPC
Born in 1979, Udayan Sankar Pal grew up in Canning (WB, India), the gateway of the Sunderbans. He has been dabbling with photography since he was 13 years old. Since the time he started working with his first camera, a Canon AE-1 Program to his current gear Canon EOS 5D Mark IV, he has explored the myriad images that Indian villages have to offer. Hailing from a village himself, his eyes are drawn towards those elements that he can identify with, that are hidden from a city dweller. He has compiled a few of those elements that he wants to share with you.
Brochures of many photography exhibitions laying on the road post an exhibition triggered an interesting thought in him. He began collecting them for posterity from 2001 & has painstakingly built his collection to over 10,000 brochures from all parts of the world now. He has established the only international Archive of Photography Exhibition (www.APE.net.in) in the world.
He says photography is all about the eye. you either see things or are influenced to see things. His hope is that through this collection of brochures, he may be able to help many others to research, learn, emulate and be inspired from the treasure house of photographers of the past, present and may be even the future.
Having traveled a long way from the bare feet camera toting village lad to a frantic shutterbug to a selective shooter to now an international collector of Brochures of photography exhibition, he wants you to see a slice of his life elements through his images...
* Photo Feature in FotoFlock by Epson (fotoflock.com) in 21st June 2013. [goo.gl/2L2umv]
* Kaleidoscope in March-2014 issue of Smart Photography Magazine. [goo.gl/JS4aH2]
* Sunday Magazine (6th Apr 2014) of Namaste Telangana, a leading newspaper published from Hyderabad
* PhotoMontage in May-2014 of Asian Photography Magazine
* His interview published in Smile Art Beats [January 2016 issue], an online magazine under Inspiring Photographers Category. [goo.gl/dMfBBe & goo.gl/UXnolh]
* His collection of postage stamps on photography has been featured in Smart Photography-October 2016 issue across a 4-page coverage.
* Capture Mania eMagazine [Issue-6/June-July2017]. Link: goo.gl/i6fa7f & capturemania.com
* Writes weekly article for FotoFlock By Epson [fotoflock.com]. It is a paid assignment.
* Writes article for Light Art Academy [lightartacademy.com]
* Writes article for Smile Art Beats, monthly online magazine of IIIT-Basar [smileartcreations.com] & he is also a mentor of this magazine.
* Regular contributor to iStock by Getty Images [istockphoto.com].
* HSBC, Hexagon House, Visakhapatnam
* Thomas Kellner (photographers-network), Siegen
* Children’s Special Hospital for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Neurology, Belgrade [via GPU]
* Chennai Meenakshi Multi-speciality Hospital [via EoM2.0 Exhibition]
* Children Foster Home-Dom Bjelave via GPU/Sarajevo
* 2012: Shortlisted for HYD
* 2013: Shortlisted for HYD & selected as one of the TOP20 in National Level
* 2015: Shortlisted for BLR & selected as one of the three winners from BLR. Also selected as one of the TOP30 in National Level
* A series of workshop at SriPrakash VidyaNiketan, Visakhapatnam in 2012
* Techfest-2014 at IIT Bombay (Organized by PixelPost) in Jan 2014.
* SignedPRINTS Basic Photography Workshop at Hyderabad in Jan 2014
* A series of Canon Basic Workshop twice a month at Bangalore Frameboxx School of Photography in 2015
Prints on sale:
* Ladakh [You can buy on www.amazon.com]